Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bowling Fun!

HER: Today, we had a super fun day! We pre-arranged a play date activity with Sebastian and his buddy Jonathan at the Bowling alley.
As always, you got to ran into someone you know. While ordering Sebastian's lunch, I heard little girls giggling and Sebastian talking back to them. I was making my turn to see who Sebastian was talking to and there he was joining the table of birthday girls with their cute little pink princess like dresses, I reminded Sebastian of the play date as he stood up and ask if he could join them for cake later.
Two great games, french fries, a burger and 4 glasses of water later and we were on the way to the fish market. - Oh, How I love markets... Fresh product, in this case the day's catch on ice displaying right in front of your very own eyes. for you to choose. Fish, shrimp, crap, mussels, clams, you name it! I remember being a child and going to the market with my mother and my grandmother in different occasions. At the time, of course I thought what a boring activity, little did I know that later on in my life I will appreciate checking them out every time I had a chance.. as I remind myself all of this memories and smells, I turned around to direct a word to my son... he was covering his nose, of course, trying to read every sign and asking what that smell was. Two pounds of beautiful giant size scallops later, a dozen meal ideas floating in my head and Sebastian reminded me of the Fresh Market! What a great idea! We love it, fresh cut cheeses, beautiful organic and local grown products, wine and other kind of goodies and then it occur to me what a wonderful moment that was. I was making a memory with Sebastian. One of many he will have of us thinking of goodies for dinner, tasting cheeses and discovering things together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vane.. i think you meant craB instead of crap hehehe..