Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

HER: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
My most sincere, deepest and best wishes to all of you who read and encounter this blog.
Hope 2010 brings joy, happiness, peace and health for you and your loved ones.
It is the first day of the year and thank goodness I got a nappie in today.
Work has been quite busy since we got back from Indiana. Lots of preparation goes on prior New year's eve. (Busiest night of the year, that is.)
And as usual I tend to over load myself with work. This year a large order of bake goods for pick up on that day left me up and working strong until 5 am. Enough time to get an hour of sleep and a shower and back at the restaurant for a really busy but yet successful day.
As for preparing myself to receive the new year.... A yearly tradition; fresh grapes and cherries, a delicious bottle of Moscato d'asti and sparkles for the night.
At midnight, I eat 12 grapes under the table and make a wish for each grape, which represents each month of the year, toast with a chilled glass of Moscato D'asti and day dream of the year ahead. This year more like sleep and dream, since I had to be at work early this morning. Little did I know my mind and body wouldn't agree a few hours later. Luckily, my inner self pushed me off my bed and there I was driving in a ghost town on my way to work.
As far as I am concern, this year has a lot to offer.
Sebastian, who currently is in kindergarten will go off to first grade joining a school with a gifted program, joining all sorts of sport teams, art programs and foreign languages.
Frank will be graduating from Law school this May. Taking the Indiana Bar exam in July and will be out there experiencing life and developing professionally.
Duke and Dexter will finally have a yard of their own, encounter all sorts of new adventures, experience snow for the very first time and probably keep learning new tricks.
As for me, advertise my business, find a job with a managing opportunity, improve my french, be super mom, super girlfriend, super me. Instead of pledging to start going to the gym(which I'll do, until February arrives); I have decided to vow instead to try new experiences and fit more activities in. Start painting once again (need to break into my new paints and oleos Frank got me last Christmas), more reading, yoga at the beach while the beach is still an option, fix my house and hopefully get it ready for sale before fall arrives. I am hoping for a little travelling but that is yet to be decided. (Thinking Napa and Sonoma, and I have a couple other ideas.)
I am excited to see what is ahead and what 2010 is holding up for us to discover!

No comments: